Author: Kelly Carter
Savings can be helpful, so everyone should have some money set aside for emergencies or other expenses. It is, however, not as simple as it sounds, and most people struggle to develop good saving habits. In today’s world, digital solutions can assist you in developing a healthy saving habit. Qapital is one of those solutions.
Qapital is a micro-savings app that makes it simple for people to save money. The app focuses on passive saving, which occurs gradually through daily activities. This app gives you more control over your spending and allows you to save for the future.
What is Qapital?
You can automate your savings with the help of Qapital, a budgeting and savings tool. Furthermore, users can create personalized goals that range in size from simple goals like buying a new tech gadget to larger goals like taking a vacation. You may automate your savings by setting unique saving Rules for each goal.
How does it work?
Qapital takes pride in its efficiency and usability. Being a smartphone app, it is easily accessible and an excellent tool for anyone looking to start saving.
How to use Qapital
- Use the app to create an account.
- Select a source of funding that must be a checking account.
- Only prepaid cards with routing and account numbers will function if you’re using them.
- Money is taken out of these accounts when the Rules are activated.
You cannot use your credit cards and savings accounts to fund your Qapital account, however, you may link some credit cards to the account to track your spending. Qapital savings Rules will be activated when you make purchases with these cards. But Qapital will take the cash out of the checking account that serves as the funding source.
You can create your saving goals and Rules once Qapital has authorized your account. Qapital Rules include:
- Guilty Pleasure Rule: When you shop at a particular store, this rule automatically saves a certain amount of money for you
- The Freelancer Rule: This ensures you have your tax money saved and ready for filing season by automatically transferring a predetermined percentage of your deposits to a Qapital account.
- If you consistently overspend, the “Spend Less Rule” can be helpful to you. It saves whatever money is left outside your regular spending limit at a particular retailer.
How much does Qapital cost?
Anyone with a smartphone can use Qapital. No minimum amount is required to begin; however, depending on which of the three options a customer chooses, there may be fees.
Users have a selection of the following plans:
- Users can access Qapital’s savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities with the $3/monthly basic subscription.
- Users can use Qapital’s investing tools and other tools featured in the basic plan with the complete plan, which costs $6 per month.
- Users have access to all the features of the first two programs and webinars with the master plan, which costs $12 per month.
There are no setup, account closure, transfer, or overdraft fees. You can begin saving as soon as you’ve established your saving goals. Qapital also offers a bonus for referrals. Therefore, after the user makes their initial savings deposit, you will both get a $5 bonus when they open an account using your unique referral link.
Qapital key features
Qapital stands out due to its unique saving rules. You can use more than five rules to assist with passive savings. These rules include the Set & Forget rule, and the Roundup rule, which automatically transfers a certain sum of money from your checking account to your Qapital account.
The If This Then That (IFTT) rule is another strategy Qapital employs. This rule enables you to save money by connecting Qapital to nearly any activity. For instance, you could set up a savings deposit to be made each time you visit the gym or like a post on social media. Whatever option you choose, there are countless possibilities and easy ways to save money with Qapital.
Pros and Cons of Qapital
- Simple, step-by-step installation
- Excellent user interface.
- Create your own automatic savings rules.
- No transaction fees
- Available for iOS and Android devices
- Low-interest rate
Is Qapital right for you?
Qapital is a fantastic place to start saving because no costs are involved. The user interface is clear and straightforward, even though it is only available through the mobile app. You and your friends or family are encouraged to start saving by the $5 referral bonus. Qapital also takes a goal-oriented approach to saving with its various rules that help you save smartly, and the app tracks how much is saved toward each goal. To get the best out of this application, consider what your savings goals and needs are, then compare them to Qapital’s features to figure out if it’s perfect for you.