Author: Ric Hanes
SoFi, short for “Social Finance,” is a financial firm in the United States founded in 2011. The company initially focused on student debt refinancing but later moved into the broker industry.
Aside from being known for its low-cost brokerage services, the brand is perfect for first-time investors who need an easy-to-use online trading experience and wish to create an active or automatic investment account.
Because of its limited investment choices and features, it may not be suitable for advanced investors. Furthermore, the platform attracts a $300 bonus for new users.
SoFi Investment Options
SoFi is ideal for first-time investors seeking a simple method to get started with investing. The firm offers no minimum deposit to register, making it possible to get started even if you don’t have much to spend.
- There are no account or service charges, and fund costs are cheap.
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners (CFPs)
- The opportunity to buy additional shares
- Manual and automated trading options
- Cryptocurrency availability
Its open investment account allows users to purchase and sell different stocks and funds. Furthermore, its automatic investment account (or Robo-advisor) provides customers with pre-built strategies based on risk level and financial condition. People make SoFi’s ten Robo-advisor portfolios to reflect a variety of economic scenarios.
SoFi Mechanical Investment allows automated deposits. However, users must integrate and authorize the software to use its cash management features.
Additionally, SoFi Automated Investing gives users access to services, which includes:
- Personal brokerage accounts for crypto, IPOs, equities, and ETFs
- Loans for students, homes, and refinancing
- Banking services, as well as credit and debit cards
SoFi does not provide margin, options, or other complex trading alternatives, at this time.
Pros & Cons of SoFi
- Trade stocks and ETFs without paying a fee.
- Crypto trading.
- There are fractional stocks available.
- There is no account limit.
- Free investment advice.
- A limited number of tradable securities are available.
How to Receive the Bonus
As mentioned initially, you stand a chance to win 300 dollars!
To receive the $300 incentive from the SoFi Checking and Savings program, you should first set up direct deposits.
The following are the guide below to receive the bonus:
- Use this link to start a new SoFi Checking and Savings account.
- During the offer time, make at least one direct deposit.
- Perform the following direct deposits over the next 30 days to accomplish your selected tier: $1,000 – $1,999, earn $50; $2,000 – $4,999, receive $100; $5,000+, earn $300.
- You can receive a reward 14 days after the review period’s conclusion.
Is SoFi Invest Legit?
SoFi provides commission-free stock, ETF trading, and free automatic investment. On the other hand, crypto traders should be prepared to pay commissions when trading various assets.
SoFi charges a 1.25 percent fee on all cryptocurrency transactions. In addition to recently becoming a national bank charter, the company is a reliable source for personal finance and investment.
- Limited to US residents
- Limited product portfolio
- Inadequate high-tech research tools
SoFi is a personal finance website for individuals looking for a reliable platform to start investing and trading assets or cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2011 as a refinancing website for student loans, the company has gone beyond its initial purpose to allowing low-income Americans and those on a budget to find investment options that suit their finances.
Furthermore, the company has automated investment options with manual investment opportunities that give users complete access to their investments.